Weekend break with Pentecost
Can't summer start early enough for you? That's convenient, because the Pentecost weekend is perfect for a weekend away in Zeeland. Stay during this extra long weekend in one of our luxury holiday homes. Whatever you choose, all homes are in an ideal location near the beach, where it's already lovely to stay during the long Whitsun weekend! Take a look at our extensive offer below.
- Pentecost 2020: 31 May and 1 June
- Pentecost weekend 2020: 29 May to 2 June
Pentecost in Zeeland
This year Pentecost is Sunday 31 May and Monday 1 June 2020. Traditionally, this extra long weekend is the start of the summer season in Zeeland. Also in nature you can see that summer is coming, nature is in full bloom and temperatures are already starting to rise. Because Pentecost falls later in the year, the chance of a sunny weekend is very present! Ruiterplaat Vakanties offers in this long weekend a special Pentecost package from Friday 29 May 2020 to Tuesday 2 June 2020. This way you can enjoy an extra day of all the beauty that Zeeland has to offer with family and/or friends.
Holiday homes weekend road at Pentecost
The range of Ruiterplaat Holidays is also very varied during the Whitsun weekend. Are you looking for a cozy holiday home for your family or do you prefer a luxury holiday villa on De Groote Duynen, a stone's throw from the wide Banjaard beach? There is something for everyone! Park De Banjaard is located at the bottom of the dunes of the North Sea beach. If you stay here, you will be on the beach within 5 minutes. Are you a water sports enthusiast? Then choose park Ruiterplaat, De Schotsman or the Veerse Muze. Here you will find a nice selection of holiday homes, some of which are located directly on the Veerse Meer.
Tips for the Pentecost weekend in Zeeland with children
During the Whitsun weekend in Zeeland there is plenty to do for young and old! With a bit of luck the temperatures are very pleasant and it's great to stay on the beach. But Zeeland has more to offer! We have listed the best outings in the Whitsun weekend for you:
- Visit one of the Pentecostal markets in Zeeland. Stroll along the many stalls, take a stroll around the merry-go-round and enjoy Zeeland's delicacies.
- Enjoy delicious snacks and drinks during the 6th edition of Cuisine Machine, the largest culinary carnival in the southwest of the Netherlands. This annual event is held during the Whitsun weekend in a hangar in the port of Vlissingen. A mix of food trucks, music, bars provide a culinary experience!
- Rent a bike and explore the Zeeland countryside. Cycle around the vast Veerse Meer and make a stop in picturesque Veere. Here it feels as if time has stood still for a while. The old fishing harbour, the historic cobbled streets and the weekly historical market remind you of the past. Finally, sit down on the terrace of restaurant De Werf, which has the best terrace in Zeeland.